Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 16, 2016
- Plan to fast from both breakfast and lunch on this day.
- Make sure to stay hydrated with water and juice.
- Engage in positive conversation (or do a personal study), regarding the civil rights movement, during your normal breakfast and lunch times.
- Host or Co-Host a potluck for the evening of January 16, 2017. Invite, invite, invite!
- Small group or large, whatever is best for you, your family, and home.
- Be intentional, think of those who would benefit from this evening, from friendship, good conversation, etc...
- Share the video and the idea with as many as you can everyday until January 16, 2017!
- (For those pregnant, breastfeeding, or have conditions such as anemia, consult your physician before attempting to fast).
"I Have A Dream" Speech (pdf/audio)
"Beyond Vietnam - A Time to Break Silence" (YouTube Audio)